Tuesday, September 29, 2009

My Latest Obsesion

The Fact: I love X-men Origins: Wolverine. I know every single line in that movie my heart. I've watched it at least twenty thousand times (not that I'm keeping track!)

The Story: I didn't really want to watch X-men Origins because I heard that in that movie they show how Wolverine got his claws and that it involves some surgery scenes. And ever since a extremely traumatic hospital experience that involves a painful fall that resulted in stitches and a fainting mother, I've developed a phobia of hospitals and surgery. Of course, watching the Incredible Hulk movie probably helped, since that movie contains a VERY intense surgery scene (which I can sum up in two words: BIG NEEDLES!) I'm sure you can relate.

That all changed when my dad picked me up one day and all he could talk about was how awesome the new X-men movie was. When I protested he just said, "But, Sam, the surgery is really short! They don't even really show anything!" Ha. He doesn't even think The Hulk is scary. But I couldn't resist. I am fond of the other X-men movies, so I thought I'd give it a try as long as he promised to watch it with us.

I was blown away. No, serious!

Does this have anything do with Hugh Jackman's role in this movie, Samantha? No! Well.....kind of. But this movie is totally awesome!

What about the surgery scene you were so worried about? Oh, that. Well, Dad was right. It is really short and they don't show anything really gory, unlike some movies (yes, I'm talking about you Hulk.) Plus, I've mastered the art of very tactfully excusing myself to the bathroom and timing it so I come back just in time to watch Wolverine get mad at those guys for talking about erasing his memory and jump down the waterfall.

Why do you love this movie so much?
Did I say it was awesome already? It shows the story of what happened to Wolverine and how he became who he is. There is a really sweet love story which ends tragically and some pretty cool fight scenes ("Back to back!")

Do you recommend watching this movie?
Definitely. Just don't watch it with me or Lennon because we will ruin the experience for you by saying every single line before they say it (we've mastered the "Jimmy! Victor!" accents) and will probably laugh deliriously at parts that aren't supposed to be funny. Which, if you ask me is just what happens if you watch the movie as many times as we have.

4 comments:

  1. Errrr....I don't think I'd want to see this. But then again, Robert will surely want to see it and I know I'll end up watching it with him. And maybe I will like it. I didn't know you liked action movies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Sam: I liked it too! I'm probably not as into Hugh Jackman as you are though. Good review!

    @Shannon: You will like it for Hugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe! Grandma: listen to Uncle Leo, he knows what he's talking about. Give it a try it has a really good story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your review i agree except i like hulk you know im a stickler for superhero movies but (comic book nerd voice) "theyre NEVER like the comic!!"

    ReplyDelete