Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Learning Australian


I've mastered my British accent and I do a pretty good Southern accent but I absolutely suck at Australian accents. My goal is to master it as well. A good way to practice is by watching my favorite romance movie, 'Australia' (hey, what do you know this movie also has Hugh Jackman in it......but minus the claws). And when I do master it, I hereby swear to make a video of me using the accent and put it on YouTube no matter how embarrassing it is!

Anyway, back to 'Australia' the best romance movie ever. It takes place in Australia (duh) during World War II. When English aristocrat Lady Sarah Ashley goes to Australia to take care of the ranch that has been keeping her husband away from home, her life changes. First, she discovers that her husband is dead, believed to be killed by the Aborigine medicine man, called King George. Then, she finds out that the man who she believed was helping her run her cattle ranch has actually been deceiving her and she is left to run the ranch by herself. She finally secures the help of a (or the) Drover and finds herself falling in love with him along the way. Her heart is stolen by a newly orphaned Aborigine boy named Nullah who she is willing to fight for.

Nicole Kidman's character is a great role model who never gives up. Nullah nicknames her 'that crazy lady, Missus Boss'. 'Australia' has it all, romance, humor, adventure, admirable accents.

No comments:

Post a Comment