Friday, May 22, 2009

Life Doesn't Have a Backspace Button By Samantha Barnett

Sometimes,when life gets me down I think about running away, to the world of my writing, I'd pack all my things and leave reality behind, I'd move to the world of words, life would be so easy if I did, with the safety of the backspace button, I could make things up as I went along, life would be as I wanted it, then I remember why I'm still here, in life we say some pretty stupid things sometimes, do some pretty stupid things, we have regrets, I think, oh, how easy life would be if I had a backspace button, if I was in control, then I remember that's the glory of it, you make mistakes, you can't erase them, but you can try again, oh, how life would be different if we did have a backspace button, all the things we would erase if we could, that would only lead to more mistakes, more regrets, you can't have an eraser, you can't pretend it didn't happen, you stand tall and face your problem, you fix it, you owe it to the world, life doesn't have a backspace button, you move on, learn to forgive, when I remind myself of that I know why I'm still here.



I wrote this poem when I was in a fight with a friend. I was thinking 'It's not fair! I wish life had a backspace button so I could take it all back!' I planed to write about how it wasn't fair. Then as I started writing, I realized why life didn't have a backspace button. Think about it, if life did have a backspace button, how many things would you have erased in your anger? Think about how your life would have been. Would you have liked it?

No comments:

Post a Comment