Thursday, May 14, 2009

She Still Thrives By Samantha Barnett

She used to be the kind of girl who believed, she listened to fairy tales, she played imaginary games, she wished upon a star, she said she believed in fairies, she read all the books about magic, she watched all the movies, she thought it happen, she believed she'd find a magic world someday, she waited, she dreamed of a world of make believe, a world just for her, it happened in books, then as time passed, she began to doubt, it hadn't happened yet, she hadn't found a portal, she hadn't met a dragon, she hadn't seen an elf, she grew older and was beaten down, down, by the harsh waves of reality, part of her was able to hold on, to write down her dreams, to continue to believe, to escape, she waited still, as time passed the waves were winning, she was losing hope, it was only a matter of time before she would surrender, she was crossing the sea of dreams, there was no going back, she knew, she was me, I know now, the kind of magic in books doesn't exist, but I also know there is a place in the back of my head where she still thrives, she, the girl who believed, she talks to me sometimes, I leave her in control when I write, but I also know when to put her away in her sanctuary in my mind, she won't be beaten down, she knows a part of me, the part that the magic will never really leave you, if you believe, she knows that I can create the magic, with her help, she knows that I am better, bigger, stronger, than then, the waves, then those who try to bring me down, I am stronger because I still believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment