Sunday, October 4, 2009

Furry Angels with Tails and Devil Horns

I call them my babies. My mother calls them Jingles (due to the annoying bells attached to their collars). You would call them......Kittens! Yes, we adopted two new family members. It might be easier to describe their complex personalities by making them profiles. So, here it goes!

Name: Jinx, after the character in a Meg Cabot (one of my favorite authors) book with the same name.

Sex: Male

Fur Color: Ashy white

Eye Color: Light Blue

Build: Jinx is definitely the fatter one! Our vet says we should be feeding them only twice a day but I think I've been feeding him every time he meows for it. Which is, like, five times a day maybe. The vet says his already overweight (oops!)

Personality: I think Jinx is the Alfa male (judging by the way he dominates the food bowl). He LOVES to sleep and be cradled like a baby. One time I was holding him and I put him down on my bed because I had to use the bathroom. He followed me there and waited patiently next to the toilet the whole time I was using it. When I picked him back up he fell promptly back to sleep in my arms. He also likes to play. He enjoys wrestling with his brother
(this is an especially amusing sight).

Jinx is very bossy and is used to getting his way. If he's hungry he'll start crying and he'll follow you all around the house trying to trip you until you feed him. I've explained to him countless times that he's supposed to be on a diet but he just doesn't seem to get it. But it's worth it. You know, when you have those moments with them all cuddling up with you on your lap so nice and soft and warm. He's a furry angel with devil horns.

Name: Forrest (as in Gump)

Sex: Male

Fur Color: Mostly black, but he has a white spot on his neck and his face is almost totally white

Eye Color: Yellowish green

Build: Forrest is sort of scrawny. When we first go him we could see his ribs. He's normal weight now but still way skinnier than Jinx.

Personality: Forrest is Lennon's cat so he probably knows him better but I'll write what I know. Forrest is probably skinnier because he's a heck of a lot more active. Once, he saw a fly buzzing around in my room and you could tell just by looking at his face that he was totally determined to catch it. And, much to the shock of us all, he did. I'm serious! He leapt into the air and caught the fly in between his claws. Then, much to the disgust of us all, HE ATE IT! I know, gross. Forrest, even though he's skinnier than Jinx, will eat anything. I found a popcorn seed in his poop once. He is also very protective over His Mouse. His Mouse is this stuffed mouse that he absolutely loves. It's his favorite toy and he won't let Jinx touch it.

The babies also love each other. One of the sweetest sights I've witnessed is when Jinx was upstairs sleeping in my room and Forrest was downstairs, crying. Jinx lifted his head and sprang from the bed and rushed to Forrest who immediately clashed into to his brother and began a fur-flying wrestle. To qoute 'X-Men Origins', they totally have the "We're brothers, Jimmy. And brothers look out for each other" thing going on.

1 comment:

  1. send pics of them! i remember when you guys just got them! i love my cat just as much as you love yours..they are awesome companions!

    ReplyDelete